Join us for our first ever 5K Glow Fun Run/Walk! A GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge event, the 5K will be a physical and social MOVEment for acceptance of ALL people – regardless of race, gender, diagnosis, sexual orientation, or religion. Let’s MOVE for your health and MOVE for global acceptance.
We’re all the same in the darkness. Let your uniqueness glow.
Leading up to the 5K there will be GiGiFIT Bootcamps designed to build your confidence and motivation through fitness and healthy lifestyle choices all while getting ready to MOVE on June 5th. Learn more about GiGiFIT Bootcamps here.
The evening of the 5K we will be celebrating our diversity and spreading awareness and acceptance through Generation G: A conscious decision to be better every day.
The event will bring together individuals, families, and advocacy organizations for an evening of inclusion and fun, making this event more about the fun than the run! There will be no chip timing but there will be a large clock on site. For added fun, enjoy glow stations throughout the course and a foam machine! Awards will be given for top fundraising team, most glowing team, most glowing individual, and more!
This event will also include:
Kid's dashObstacle courses designed for all ages and abilitiesRaffles and food vendorsEntertainment provided by Magical Nights DJ Inc.Adult registration fee includes a t-shirt and GLOW fun run/walk packet. Kid's registration fee (12 and under) includes a t-shirt. Packet pick up is available Friday, June 4th from 1pm to 6pm at GiGi’s Playhouse Wausau and Saturday, June 5th from 6pm to 8pm at Aspirus YMCA in Weston.5K GLOW Run/Walk LocationAspirus YMCA @ 3402 Howland Ave, Weston, WI 54476If you are an advocacy organization that wants more information on how to participate and share your mission through this event, contact email@example.com
To Sponsor this event click HERE.
The GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge is a physical and social movement for acceptance!
We live in a world where people constantly judge and discriminate against one another. This event challenges people to actively move for the change that we so desperately need! Any type of physical movement can be used as your pledge to help in creating a more accepting world. You can walk, run, jump, swim, ride, lift, play a sport, go to the gym, and more! You can register to participate in any of the GiGi’s Playhouse organized events, or you can register your own event in support of any of our Playhouse locations!
In an effort to make the world a more accepting place for individuals of all abilities, on June 5th, GiGi’s Playhouse is aiming to unite 1 Million supporters in a physical and social MOVEment for Acceptance! Are you up for the challenge?
How to Participate
Register and create a personal or team fundraising page!
- Upon registration you can choose to register as an individual or as a fundraising team.
- Registering as an individual will allow you to select which Playhouse location you would like to support. After completing registration, you will now have your own fundraising page. This page will be your hub for all things fundraising. Share the link to this page with friends, family, colleagues, and more. You should reach out to anyone that can help raise awareness and funds for your GiGi’s Playhouse location!
- Registering a team, or joining a team will allow you to combine the efforts of many fundraisers to reach the common goal of raising funds and awareness for GiGi’s Playhouse! The best part is that no team can be too big or too small! Share the link to your team
s fundraising page and encourage others to register and join you in helping spread the message of global acceptance for all!
Host Your Own Personal Events
- An awesome new way to raise funds and spread awareness for the Acceptance Challenge is to host your own community events. These community events can be anything that brings people together. It is a way for our supporters and fundraisers to be able to engage with their network in the manner that is most effective and convenient for them!
- The community events can take place any time leading up to the Acceptance Challenge on June 5th. We want to include EVERYONE in the GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge!
- To create your own community event, you must register as either a team or individual fundraiser. Once registered, your fundraising page presents you the opportunity to Host a Community Event. Fill in all the details for your event, select “donation required,” then share the link to whomever you want to invite. It’s that simple! Now, go out there and host the best Acceptance Challenge Community Event that you can!
Donate and Spread Awareness!!